Your skin is a significant organ that protects your body from the environment. There is no doubt that diet and exercise has a great impact in keeping you and your skin healthy. However, a skincare routine that includes skin care products and natural remedies is also equally important to your overall well-being.
A holistic approach to beauty has been around for decades and natural skincare is not something new in this domain. Natural skincare products mainly involve herbal and ayurvedic skincare products. Use of such skincare products ensures that your skin maintains its youth and liveliness over a far-reaching period of time.
What is more, an increased market growth in herbal beauty products market suggests that people are giving preference to the use of herbal beauty products. This is because many people have ethical reasons to go ‘natural’ and also because herbal skincare products offer several benefits.
What are herbal skincare products and why use them?
An herbal cosmetic is a precious gift of nature and hence the demand of these natural beauty products is growing in the world market. Herbal formulations get substantial attention because of their good activity and relatively lesser or nil side effects as compared to synthetic products.
- Herbs and spices have been used since many years for retaining and enhancing human beauty. Indian women are using herbs such as Sandalwood and Turmeric for skin care effectively. The herbal skincare products that are used normally for daily purpose include herbal face wash, herbal soap, herbal lipstick etc.
- Herbal cosmetics contain natural compounds derived from a variety of natural sources that influence skin functions and provide nutrients for healthy skin and hair. These products are free of synthetic chemicals that can be detrimental to your health.
- Herbal beauty products or cosmetics hold desirable physiological activity such as healing, enhancing, giving smoothing appearance, and conditioning properties because of herbal ingredient present in them.
- Herbal skincare products contain natural ingredients that are mild on the skin and are less presumably to cause breakouts or other skin irritations. Also, be careful about intimate skincare and use herbal skincare products, especially if there are signs of ovulation, when the body and skin needs special treatments.
- Natural beauty products are not only good for your skin, but they are also good for the environment. And this is one of the major reasons that people choose to go all natural!
- Get access of Sample Report: https://www.databridgemarketresearch.com/request-a-sample/?dbmr=global-herbal-beauty-products-market
Cons of using commercial/regular skincare products:
- Regular skincare products are chemical-laden which may have after side effects. They may cause wrinkles, spots, or skin damage.
- Moreover, commercial beauty products contain chemicals that are washed down the drain, pollute waterways, and thus cause more pollution. A few people don’t prefer these products because they are unsafe to the environment.
Some common herbal extracts used in herbal beauty products:
There are many naturally sourced ingredients which are very effective and scientifically-proven to use in beauty products. Below are a few major natural skincare ingredients along with their properties and what they can do for your skin.
- Aloe Vera: This herbal plant contains an essential component that helps protect the skin and heal skin irritations. It has properties that can prevent aging and regenerate growth of cells or tissue. Aloe vera is also used for sunburn, scratch and a natural cleanser for the skin. It may ease the advance of skin cancer that is caused by the sun.
- Chandan and Vertiver: It can be used as scrubs and face packs which aids remove dead skin cells, stimulate growth of new cells, and give a young look.
- Turmeric: This has antiseptic properties and can be used as a face pack along with usheer (vertiver).
- Amla: This fruit is valuable for its high content of vitamin C which is one of the leading beauty breakout stars of the past few years. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps to, tighten, smoothen, and brighten the skin by enhancing healthy collagen production and skin-cell renewal.
- Madder Root: As it is available in color that is suitable to the lips, this can be used to beautify lips and cheeks.
- Neem: It is useful in skin infection, rashes & pimples. It also acts as a blood purifier which helps in getting beautiful and healthy skin.
- Rosehip Seed Oil: Rosehip seed oil is naturally rich in linoleic acid, linolenic acid, and vitamin A. All these compounds help to target signs of aging, scarring, hyper pigmentation, and other skin conditions.
- Willow Bark Extract: Willow bark extract is rich in salicylic acid which is the major ingredient in most acne treatments. This beta hydroxy acid (BHA) is an exfoliant which helps to get rid of dead skin cells and clear pores. It can also help to cure breakouts, bumps and oily skin. Being gentle on the skin, salicylic acid can be used on a daily basis as it contains natural skin-calming properties.
Well, the article mainly discusses about the natural skincare and the herbal beauty products for a healthy and glowing skin. However, it’s also important to eat right, get enough sleep well, doing exercise daily, and protecting your skin from harmful chemicals and the sun when desiring to have a glowing and healthy skin.
Natural remedies are little slow and may take time to show required results. So, try to be consistent in your choices and routines for long term success. If you focus on nutrition, overall fitness, and a perfect natural skincare routine, then you can be close to attain a glowing skin!